For the time being a phone, Zoom, Skype, or email is replacing in-person meetings.
Put Your Money in the Hands That Know Best
An Independent Financial Advisor With the Tools and Expertise to Help You Build Life the Way You Like It
Experience and Knowledge You Can Trust
- I have been a professional financial advisor for 30+ years. I specialize in building custom portfolios for people saving their money for retirement or who are already retired.
- I can access thousands of mutual funds, ETFs, annuities, and life, and disability plans. I have all the tools that individuals, companies, and nonprofits need for their wealth management and financial planning for retirement.
- Because I am an independent financial advisor, there are no requirements to fulfill before using a specific tool. Therefore, you benefit from advice and products that are tailored to your unique financial needs.
- Check out my case studies page to learn more!
Why Should I Hire You?
For over 30 years, I have studied the financial markets, always striving to learn and adapt my knowledge to the new financial “normal” as it is continually redefined. The result: I can help you make smart investment decisions for every stage of your life, under all market conditions.
Whom Am I Affiliated With?
Ten years ago, I decided I wanted to go independent. I am now affiliated with Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a $44B RIA based in Fairfield, IA. I am also registered with Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., an independent broker-dealer with over 3,000 registered representatives nationwide.
Do We Meet In Person?
(For the time being a phone, Zoom, or email is replacing in-person meetings) Previously, our first introductory and fact-finding appointment would be in person or by telephone. The next meeting where I provide my recommendations would be in person.
Subsequent meetings where we monitor your progress and investments can be done in-person, by phone, email, or Zoom, or, more likely, a combination of these meeting types.
Financial Advisor for Individuals
- We meet to talk about your goals so I can get a snapshot of your current investments. I ask each of my soon-to-be clients to take an online risk profile assessment so I can see whether your current investments match your goals and risk tolerance.
- If your objectives and risk tolerance are in sync with each other, we may fine-tune your current portfolio. If they are out of whack, I will design a new custom portfolio that better reflects your risks and goals. We commit to reviewing your portfolio at least once a year.
- We figure out whether you should keep your 401(k) or 403(b) with your previous employer or roll it into an IRA, where I will build a new portfolio for retirees or job changers. Retiring When the Stock Market is High, and Interest Rates are Low
- Plus, we review any pension options for which you may be eligible, review any Social Security or Medicare questions you may have, or examine any group life and disability policies you may want to convert.
- We consider the choices available to you in your 403b or 457 plan for educators and other public employees. I recommend one or two of them, and then I build and monitor your portfolio. Financial Advisor 403b Plans.
- When you need life or disability insurance, we determine together how much coverage you need. Then we decide on the type of insurance policy that suits you best: term, whole life, universal or variable life, short- or long-term disability.
Flexible Payment Options
Custom wealth management, I am a fiduciary adviser.
Hourly Rate $100 Hour
Ideal for clients who want financial planning, retirement planning, or wealth management advice but don’t want to move their accounts.
Commission Depends on the Product
Ideal for smaller accounts (less than $50,000) and Roth IRAs and some 403(b) plans.
Corporations, Nonprofits, Partnerships, and Self-Employed
- I build a template for your company’s 401k or ERISA 403b plan that produces plan-specific investment recommendations and reports as well as fees and compliance reports, all of which are now required by the government.
- I provide investment advice to help participants plan and encourage them to take an online risk profile assessment we can use to help them rebalance their accounts or allocate their contributions.
- For companies without a retirement plan, I size up and implement the one (401k, Profit Sharing, 403b, SIMPLE, or SEP) that works best for your company.
Owners and Executives
- I work with you and your attorney to design a nonqualified deferred compensation plan.
- I discuss with your boards, partners, executives, or family members on whether your company should own life insurance on any key employees.
- Are you buying or selling a partnership or family business? I can help your operation continue beyond its purchase or sales phase by seeking out an insurance company and type of policy that best matches the goals of your buy/sell agreement.