Products and Services for Your Retirement
You have retirement accounts in a few different places, so does your spouse. Now that you are retired or thinking of retiring, you are closer to using the money, but you haven’t changed the allocation or risk level of any of those accounts.
Moreover, you haven’t met with a financial advisor to discuss your retirement goals or accounts. And with many employers still skewing their employee’s 401(k) choices toward stock funds to grow their accounts rather than bond funds and annuities to distribute them reviewing a rollover might be right for you.
Read more: Services
It Is Not Your Fault You Retired When the Stock Market is High and Interest Rates are Low
You just retired. Along with a great career, you have built up a substantial 401(k) balance. It took a while, but you got the hang of investing in equities: never comfortable with the ups and downs, but always focusing on long-term growth. Read more
Retire Comfortably and Meet Your Goals
For example, after a lifetime of working for large firms, maybe you are practicing law on a part-time basis. Your wife, who is still working full-time as a nurse, would like to retire in the next couple of years. You own a couple of houses and several 401k retirement funds but with little additional retirement income besides your Social Security.
But now you need income, not growth. Over the years, you owned some bonds with mixed success. But unlike your foray into equity investing this time you cannot afford on-the-job training. You need the income now. Plus you have less time to recover from any mistakes.
Can You Really Trust Doing It Yourself?
Or Do You Need a Financial Advisor
- with a keen understanding of interest rates and the bond market:
- knowledge that is imperative when one talks about retirement income;
- access to the products necessary to help you transition from growth to income;
- will research your retirement accounts and let you know if leaving it with your 401k or 403b is a good option, or roll it over
- will work to keep your costs low – because in a low yield world, the less you pay to someone else, the more you keep for yourself
Hire an Advisor Who Can Assist You With the Following:
Retirement Financial Needs
Review your assessment of your needs.
I am an advisor who is not selling any proprietary products or has any sales quotas.
Recommend investments, based on an explicit balance of growth vs. security.
Because I am independent
You benefit from advice and products tailored to your unique financial needs.
Design a strategy for minimizing your tax burden.
Hourly cost or fee-only, with an estimate of a not-to-exceed price for the initial consultation, and annual follow-ups
- Cambridge Investment Research
- An Independent Broker-Dealer
- Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc
- An SEC Registered Investment Adviser
- Accredited Wealth Manager Advisor, or AWMA®
- Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor℠, or APMA®
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary, or AIF®
- Certified Fund Specialist, or CFS®
- Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist, or CRPS®
- Series 66, The Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 7, General Securities Representative Exam
- Series 6, Investment Company Products/Variable Life Contracts Representative Exam
- Series 63, The Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination