Financial Advisor for Retirees
Tim Hayes AIF®, CRPS®, AWMA®, CFS®, APMA®, CAS®, CES™, CTS™
Switching from Growth to Income
Along with great careers, you’ve built up substantial 401k balances. It took a while, but you got the hang of investing in equities — never comfortable with the ups and downs but always focusing on long-term growth.
But now you need income, not growth. Over the years, you owned some bonds with mixed success. But unlike your foray into equity investing, you cannot afford on-the-job training this time. You need the income now. Plus, you have less time to recover from any mistakes.
- Understanding interest rates, bonds, annuities, and dividend stock investing, along with other transition products, can be challenging and confusing.
- As with most things in life, the first step is often difficult, but securing sound financial advice should not be left until it’s too late.
- Finding a licensed and knowledgeable resource will help you get the best financial advice.
Tim is a financial advisor…
- with a keen understanding of interest rates and the bond market.
- with the knowledge that is imperative when one talks about retirement income.
- with access to the products necessary to help you transition from growth to income.
- who will research your retirement accounts and let you know if leaving it with your 401k or 403b is a good option, or if you should roll it over?
- who will work to keep your costs low – because in a low-yield world, the less you pay to someone else, the more you keep for yourself.
Please be sure to speak to your advisor to consider the differences between your company retirement account and investment in an IRA. These factors include, but are not limited to, changes to the availability of funds, withdrawals, fund expenses, fees, and IRA-required minimum distribution.
Whom Am I Affiliated With?
I am an Investment Adviser Representative at Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a $44B RIA based in Fairfield, IA. I am also registered with Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., an independent broker-dealer with over 3,000 registered representatives nationwide.
I’ve held an industry securities registration for 30+ years and am subject to SEC and FINRA oversight.
Do I Work Where You Live?
I will provide expert and fee-only financial planning, retirement planning, and wealth management from my Boston or Dartmouth office when you need an independent financial advisor in Massachusetts (Greater Boston, North Shore, South Shore, South Coast, Merrimack Valley, MetroWest, or Rhode Island, Providence, Newport.)
Benefits of an Independent Advisor?
- You will understand investment concepts – I talk in familiar language, not financial jargon.
- You will make educated investment decisions with the help of my objective, independent research.
- I am free to collaborate with you and advise you objectively as we design a written financial plan to address your concerns and establish a path to your goals and dreams.
- You will be able to trust and confide in me, as I will understand and prioritize your financial priorities and goals. I will serve you in a relationship.
- You will not have to explain your financial history again and again to a series of new faces; I will be here for you.