Hi, I’m Tim Hayes
I Can Help You Make Smart Investment Decisions for Every Stage of Your Life, under All Market Conditions
- Securities Licensed in MA, RI, NH, ME, CT, NY, & FL
- Offices in Boston & S. Dartmouth
- Finance Degree from the University of South Florida
For over 30 Years, I Have Studied the Financial Markets
I am always striving to learn and adapt my knowledge to the new financial “normal” as it is continually redefined.
Individuals who hold the AIF® designation have:
- Completed the AIF® Designation Training;
- Passed the AIF® designation exam;
- Met the designation’s prerequisites and qualification and conduct standards;
- Accrued a minimum of six hours of continuing professional education, with at least four hours coming from fi360-produced sources;
- Attested to a code of ethics.
Individuals who hold the CRPS® designation have:
- Completed a course of study encompassing design, installation, maintenance and administration of retirement plans;
- Passed an end-of-course examination that tests their ability to synthesize complex concepts and to apply theoretical principles to life situations;
- Pledged adherence to the CRPS® Standards of Professional Conduct, and are subject to a disciplinary process in that regard.
CRPS® designees renew their designation every two years by completing 16 hours of continuing education, reaffirming adherence to the Standards of Professional Conduct, and complying with self-disclosure requirements.
Individuals who hold the AWMA® designation have:
- Completed a course of study encompassing wealth strategies, equity-based compensation plans, tax-reduction alternatives, and asset-protection alternatives;
- Passed an end-of-course examination that tests their ability to synthesize complex concepts and apply theoretical concepts to real-life situations;
- Agreed to adhere to the AWMA® Standards of Professional Conduct, and are subject to a disciplinary process in that regard.
AWMA® designees renew their designation every two years by completing 16 hours of continuing education, reaffirming adherence to the Standards of Professional Conduct, and complying with self-disclosure requirements.
San Diego, CA, November 13, 2020 – The Institute of Business & Finance (IBF) recently awarded Tim Hayes with the only nationally recognized tax designation, CTS™ (Certified Tax Specialist™). This graduate-level designation is conferred upon candidates who complete an 135+ hour educational program focusing on personal income taxes and methods to reduce tax liability. The combined top state and federal bracket can easily exceed 40%.
San Diego, CA, September 1, 2020 – The Institute of Business & Finance (IBF) recently awarded Tim Hayes with the estate planning designation, CES™ (Certified Estate and Trust Specialist™).
This graduate-level designation is conferred upon candidates who complete a 135+ hour educational program focusing on trusts, wills, probate, retirement benefits, caring for children, and what should be done after the death of a loved one. Over $50 trillion is expected to pass from one generation to another during the next half-century.
The Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM, or APMA® program, is a designation program for financial professionals. The program educates advisors on the finer points of portfolio creation, augmentation, and maintenance. Students will gain hands-on practice in analyzing investment policy statements, building portfolios, and making asset allocation decisions.
San Diego, CA, May 12, 2020 – The Institute of Business & Finance (IBF) recently awarded Timothy Hayes with the only nationally recognized annuity designation, CAS® (Certified Annuity Specialist®).
This graduate-level designation is conferred upon candidates who complete a 135+ hour educational program focusing on fixed-rate and variable annuities. Several trillion dollars are invested in annuities; it is estimated that at least one-third of all annuity contracts are not titled correctly.
Passing the exam qualifies candidates as both securities agents and investment advisor representatives.
Individuals who pass the Series 7 examination are eligible to trade all securities products: corporate securities, municipal fund securities, options, direct participation programs, investment company products, variable contracts, etc.
The exam measures the degree to which each candidate possesses the knowledge needed to offer the products of investment and insurance companies, including the sales of mutual funds and variable annuities.
Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc
I am an Investment Adviser Representative at Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a $44B RIA based in Fairfield, IA. I am also registered with Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., an independent broker-dealer with over 3,000 registered representatives nationwide.
- I am free to collaborate with you and advise you objectively as we design a financial plan to address your concerns and establish a path to your goals and dreams.
- You will be able to trust and confide in me, as I will understand and prioritize your financial priorities and goals. I will serve you in a relationship.
- You will not have to explain your financial history again and again to a series of new faces; I will be here for you.
- You will understand investment concepts - I talk in a familiar language, not financial jargon.
- You can make educated investment decisions with the help of my objective, independent research.
Read More: The Financial Planning Process
Consider me as your financial advisor when switching from growing your retirement accounts to distributing them.
This transition usually means moving some money from stocks to bonds, and I am well-schooled in the economy, inflation, markets, interest rates, and the bond market.
Before coming to Cambridge Investment Research Advisors in 2010, I spent 20 years with MetLife, so I am also well-versed in guaranteed retirement products such as variable and fixed annuities.
Read More: Should You Roll Over Your 401k to an IRA?
- Review the fees in your 401k plan or 403b
- Review the fund lineup in your 401k plan or 403b
- Check if there are enough choices to provide retirement income security
- Calculate your retirement risk-tolerance score
- Compare your retirement risk score with your current 401k or 403b allocation
- Recommend whether you should leave your 401k or 403b in your plan or roll it to an IRA
- Design your retirement portfolio in your 401k, 403b, or IRA using your retirement risk tolerance and income goals
Book a Phone or In-Person Appointment
These are the opinions of Tim Hayes and not necessarily those of Cambridge, are for informational purposes only, and should not be construed or acted upon as individualized investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investing involves risk. Depending on the types of investments, there may be varying degrees of risk. Investors should be prepared to bear the loss, including the total loss of principal.