Financial Advisor Tim Hayes
I am an Investment Adviser Representative at Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) based in Fairfield, IA. I am also registered with Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., an independent broker-dealer with over 3,000 registered representatives nationwide.
Most clients pay fee-only or an hourly rate. The size and complexity of the client’s wealth management and financial and retirement planning determine that fee.
Some clients pay a commission, mainly those with smaller accounts, i.e., Roth IRAs, some public-school teachers with 403b retirement accounts, or parents or grandparents who set up a 529 college savings plan.
The first introductory and fact-finding appointment can be in-person or by phone. The next meeting where I provide my recommendations should be in-person.
Subsequent meetings during which we monitor your progress and investments can be done in-person or by phone, email, Zoom, or Skype – or, more likely, a combination of these meeting types.
Boston 401k Plan Financial Advisor Tim Hayes
I built portfolios for hundreds of public school employees when I set up their 403(b) accounts. Therefore, I was excited when the U.S. Department of Labor finalized rules in 2011, allowed financial advisors to provide investment advice for employees with 401(k) plans.
401k Services Corporations, Nonprofits, Partnerships, and Self-Employed
- I build a template for your company’s 401k or ERISA 403b plan that produces plan-specific investment recommendations and reports as well as fees and compliance reports, which the government now requires.
- I provide investment advice to help participants plan and encourage them to take an online risk profile assessment we can use to help them rebalance their accounts or allocate their contributions.
- For companies without a retirement plan, I size up and implement the one (401k, Profit Sharing, 403b, SIMPLE, or SEP) that works best for your company.
404(c) Compliance for Retirement Plans
Section 404(c) of ERISA requires plan sponsors to provide specific information and education to their employees. If a plan meets the requirement, the sponsor and other fiduciaries are not liable for losses in an employee account.
Partnering with a credentialed, experienced, and independent financial advisor can help fulfill tour requirements. For example, Tim holds meetings on asset allocation. He provides employees with risk tolerance questionnaires, asset allocation templates, and detailed information from Morningstar and Fi360 on the investment options available in your plan.
404(c) can be a win/win for both you and your employees. You reduce liability, and your employees receive the tools to make better investment decisions. But it is an ongoing commitment.
401k Advisor Near Me
M – 401k Advisor Near Me
- Manchester by the Sea
- Marblehead – I worked at the Corinthian Yacht Club during college
- Martha’s Vineyard
N – 401k Advisor Near Me
- New Bedford
- North Andover
- North Attleborough
- North Reading
P – 401k Advisor Near Me
R – 401k Advisor Near Me
S – 401k Advisor Near Me
- Salem- I lived in Salem after college
T – 401k Advisor Near Me
W – 401k Advisor Near Me
401k Services for Individuals
- We meet to discuss your goals so I can get a snapshot of your current investments. I ask each of my soon-to-be clients to take an online risk profile assessment to see whether your existing assets match their goals and risk tolerance.
- We may fine-tune your current portfolio if your objectives and risk tolerance are in sync. If they are out of whack, I will design a new custom portfolio that better reflects your risks and goals. We commit to reviewing your portfolio at least once a year.
- We determine whether you should keep your 401(k) or 403(b) with your previous employer or roll it into an IRA, where I will build a new portfolio for retirees or job changers.
- Plus, we review any pension options for which you may be eligible, review any Social Security or Medicare questions you may have, or examine any group life and disability policies you may want to convert.
- When you need life or disability insurance, we determine how much coverage you need. Then we decide on the type of insurance policy that suits you best: term, whole life, universal or variable life, short- or long-term disability.
Individuals who hold the AIF® designation have:
- Completed the AIF® Designation Training;
- Passed the AIF® designation exam;
- Met the designation’s prerequisites and qualification and conduct standards;
- Accrued a minimum of six hours of continuing professional education, with at least four hours coming from fi360-produced sources;
- Attested to a code of ethics.
Individuals who hold the CRPS® designation have:
- Completed a course of study encompassing design, installation, maintenance and administration of retirement plans;
- Passed an end-of-course examination that tests their ability to synthesize complex concepts and to apply theoretical principles to life situations;
- Pledged adherence to the CRPS® Standards of Professional Conduct, and are subject to a disciplinary process in that regard.
CRPS® designees renew their designation every two years by completing 16 hours of continuing education, reaffirming adherence to the Standards of Professional Conduct, and complying with self-disclosure requirements.
Individuals who hold the AWMA® designation have:
- Completed a course of study encompassing wealth strategies, equity-based compensation plans, tax-reduction alternatives, and asset-protection alternatives;
- Passed an end-of-course examination that tests their ability to synthesize complex concepts and apply theoretical concepts to real-life situations;
- Agreed to adhere to the AWMA® Standards of Professional Conduct, and are subject to a disciplinary process in that regard.
AWMA® designees renew their designation every two years by completing 16 hours of continuing education, reaffirming adherence to the Standards of Professional Conduct, and complying with self-disclosure requirements.
CFS designation is awarded upon passing an examination on mutual funds, ETS, REIT’s, closed-end funds, and similar investments. Advanced studies on topics include:
- Fund analysis and selection;
- Asset allocation;
- Portfolio construction;
- Sophisticated investment strategies for risk management, taxes, and estate planning.
San Diego, CA, November 13, 2020 – The Institute of Business & Finance (IBF) recently awarded Tim Hayes with the only nationally recognized tax designation, CTS™ (Certified Tax Specialist™). This graduate-level designation is conferred upon candidates who complete an 135+ hour educational program focusing on personal income taxes and methods to reduce tax liability. The combined top state and federal bracket can easily exceed 40%.
San Diego, CA, September 1, 2020 – The Institute of Business & Finance (IBF) recently awarded Tim Hayes with the estate planning designation, CES™ (Certified Estate and Trust Specialist™).
This graduate-level designation is conferred upon candidates who complete a 135+ hour educational program focusing on trusts, wills, probate, retirement benefits, caring for children, and what should be done after the death of a loved one. Over $50 trillion is expected to pass from one generation to another during the next half-century.
The Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM, or APMA® program, is a designation program for financial professionals. The program educates advisors on the finer points of portfolio creation, augmentation, and maintenance. Students will gain hands-on practice in analyzing investment policy statements, building portfolios, and making asset allocation decisions.
San Diego, CA, May 12, 2020 – The Institute of Business & Finance (IBF) recently awarded Timothy Hayes with the only nationally recognized annuity designation, CAS® (Certified Annuity Specialist®).
This graduate-level designation is conferred upon candidates who complete a 135+ hour educational program focusing on fixed-rate and variable annuities. Several trillion dollars are invested in annuities; it is estimated that at least one-third of all annuity contracts are not titled correctly.
Business Owners and Executives
- I work with you and your attorney to design a nonqualified deferred compensation plan.
- I discuss with your boards, partners, executives, or family members whether your company should own life insurance for any key employees.
- Are you buying or selling a partnership or family business? I can help your operation continue beyond its purchase or sales phase by seeking out an insurance company and type of policy that best matches the goals of your buy/sell agreement.
These are the opinions of Financial Advisor Tim Hayes and not necessarily those of Cambridge Investment Research. They are for informational purposes only and should not be construed or acted upon as individualized investment advice.