Andover & Merrimack Valley Financial Advisor for Retirement
Tim Hayes, CRPS®, AIF®, AWMA®, CFS™, CTS™, CES™, APMA®, CAS®
You have retirement accounts in a few different places, and so does your spouse. Of course, now that you are retired or thinking of retiring, you are closer to using the money. But you haven’t changed the allocation or risk level of any of those accounts. Moreover, you haven’t met with a financial advisor to discuss your retirement goals or accounts.
Switching from Growth to Income
Along with great careers, you’ve built up substantial 401k balances. It took a while, but you got the hang of investing in equities — never comfortable with the ups and downs but always focusing on long-term growth.
- Understanding interest rates, bonds, annuities, and dividend stock investing, along with other transition products, can be challenging and confusing.
- As with most things in life, the first step is often difficult, but securing sound financial advice should not be left until it’s too late.
- Finding a licensed and knowledgeable resource will help you get the best financial advice.
Tim is a financial advisor…
- with a keen understanding of interest rates and the bond market.
- with the knowledge that is imperative when one talks about retirement income.
- with access to the products necessary to help you transition from growth to income.
- who will research your retirement accounts and let you know if leaving it with your 401k or 403b is a good option, or if you should roll it over.
- who will work to keep your costs low – because in a low-yield world, the less you pay to someone else, the more you keep for yourself.
How Tim will help you transition into retirement?
- Measure how well your investments match up with your risk tolerance and goals and income needs.
- Design a strategy for minimizing your tax burden.
- Recommend investments based on an explicit balance of growth vs. security.
- Figure out whether you should keep your 401k or 403b with your previous employer or roll it into an IRA, where Tim will build you a new portfolio.
- Build that portfolio using your risk tolerance to create enough retirement income, but so that you will not outlive your money.
- Look over any pension options you may be eligible for and review any Social Security and Medicare questions you may have.
- Examine any group life policies you may want to convert to an individual policy.
Life isn’t all about money, but it is an important tool for building the life you want. And, like any tool, best results happen when skilled, experienced hands are in control of it.
For over 30 years, I have studied the financial markets, always striving to learn and adapt my knowledge to the new financial “normal” as it is continually redefined. The result: I can help you make smart investment decisions for every stage of your life, under all market conditions.
Read More: Investing In an Overpriced Stock Market
I've held an industry securities registration for 30+ years and am subject to SEC and FINRA oversight.
Most clients pay fee-only or an hourly rate. The size and complexity of the client's wealth management and financial and retirement planning determine that fee.
Some clients pay a commission, mainly those with smaller accounts, i.e., Roth IRAs, some public-school teachers with 403b retirement accounts, or parents or grandparents who set up a 529 college savings plan.
Read More: Fee-Only or Commission What's Best for You?
The first introductory and fact-finding appointment can be in-person or by phone. The next meeting where I provide my recommendations should be in-person. (For the time being, telephone, Zoom, and email are replacing in-person meetings.)
Subsequent meetings during which we monitor your progress and investments can be done in-person or by phone, email, Zoom, or Skype - or, more likely, a combination of thee meeting types.
Financial Advisor for Retirement Andover & Merrimack Valley
I lived in Haverhill for five years, and I have many clients who work and live in the Merrimack Valley. I will provide expert and highly personalized financial planning, retirement planning, and wealth management when you need an independent financial advisor in the Merrimack Valley — (Andover, North Andover, Haverhill, Boxford, Chelmsford, Newbury, Newburyport, Amesbury, Georgetown, West Newbury)