Financial Advisor Brookline & Newton
Tim Hayes AIF®, CRPS®, AWMA®, CFS®, APMA®, CAS®
- I have been a professional financial adviser for 30+ years. I specialize in building custom portfolios for people who are saving their money for retirement or are already retired.
- I can access thousands of mutual funds, ETFs, annuities, and life and disability plans. I have all the tools that individuals, companies, and nonprofits need for their wealth management and financial planning for retirement.
- Because I am an independent financial advisor, there are no requirements to fulfill before using a specific tool. Therefore, you benefit from advice and products that are tailored to your unique financial needs.
Why Should I Hire You?
Life isn’t all about money, but it is an important tool for building the life you want. Like with any tool, the best results are achieved when skilled, experienced hands are in control. I have studied the financial markets for over 30 years, and as the new financial ‘normal’ is continually redefined, I am always striving to learn more about it and adapt my knowledge to it.
The result: I can help you make smart investment decisions for every stage of your life, under all market conditions.
How Much Do You Charge?
Most clients pay fee-only or an hourly rate. The size and complexity of the client’s wealth management and financial and retirement planning determine that fee.
Some clients pay a commission, mainly those with smaller accounts, i.e., Roth IRAs, some public-school teachers with 403b retirement accounts or parents or grandparents setting up a 529 college savings plan.
Do We Meet In Person?
The first introductory and fact-finding appointment can be in person or by phone. The next meeting where I provide my recommendations should be in person. (For the time being phone and email replacing in-person meetings)
Subsequent meetings where we monitor your progress and investments can be done in-person, by phone, email, or skype or, more likely, a combination of these meeting types.
No Cookie-Cutter Solutions
As an independent financial advisor, I have access to many financial products, including mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds, and annuities. I use them to build custom portfolios, trusts, and retirement plans for people and organizations.
Financial Advisor Brookline & Newton for Individuals
- We meet to talk about your goals so I can get a snapshot of your current investments. I ask each of my soon-to-be clients to take an online risk profile assessment so I can see whether your current investments match your goals and risk tolerance.
- If your objectives and risk tolerance are in sync with each other, we may fine-tune your current portfolio. If they are out of whack, I will design a new custom portfolio that better reflects your risks and goals. We commit to reviewing your portfolio at least once a year.
- We figure out whether you should keep your 401(k) or 403(b) with your previous employer or roll it into an IRA, where I will build a new portfolio for retirees or job changers.
- Plus, we review any pension options for which you may be eligible, review any Social Security or Medicare questions you may have, or examine any group life and disability policies you may want to convert.
- When you need life or disability insurance, we determine together how much coverage you need. Then we decide on the type of insurance policy that suits you best: term, whole life, universal or variable life, short- or long-term disability.
Please be sure to speak to your advisor to consider the differences between your company retirement account and investment in an IRA. These factors include, but are not limited to, changes to the availability of funds, withdrawals, fund expenses, fees, and IRA-required minimum distributions.
We consider the choices available to you in your 403b or 457 plan for educators and other public employees. I recommend one or two of them, and then I build and monitor your portfolio.
Book an Appointment
Flexible Payment Options
Custom wealth management, I am a fiduciary adviser.
Hourly Rate $100 Hour
Ideal for clients who want financial planning, retirement planning, or wealth management advice but don’t want to move their accounts.
Commission Depends on the Product
Ideal for smaller accounts (less than $50,000) and Roth IRAs and some 403(b) plans.
Corporations, Nonprofits, Partnerships, and Self-Employed
- I build a template for your company’s 401k or ERISA 403b plan that produces plan-specific investment recommendations and reports as well as fees and compliance reports, all of which are now required by the government.
- I provide investment advice or education to help participants plan and encourage them to take an online risk profile assessment we can use to help them rebalance their accounts or allocate their contributions.
- For companies without a retirement plan, I size up and implement the one (401k, Profit Sharing, 403b, SIMPLE, or SEP) that works best for your company.
Financial Advisor Brookline & Newton Owners and Executives
- I work with you and your attorney to design a nonqualified deferred compensation plan.
- I discuss with your boards, partners, executives, or family members on whether your company should own life insurance on any key employees.
- Are you buying or selling a partnership or family business? I can help your operation continue beyond its purchase or sales phase by seeking out an insurance company and type of policy that best matches the goals of your buy/sell agreement.
Named a Five Star Wealth Manager 6 Years Running
In 2018, 2819 Boston wealth managers were nominated with only 487 projected winners.
To receive the Five Star Wealth Manager award, financial advisors must satisfy a series of eligibility and evaluation criteria associated with wealth managers who provide services to clients. Recipients are identified through research conducted by industry peers and firms. Third party rankings and recognitions from rating services or publications are not indicative of past or future investment performance.For more information, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com.