For the time being a phone, Zoom, Skype, or email is replacing in-person meetings
Experience and Knowledge You Can Trust
- I have been a professional financial adviser for 30+ years. I specialize in building custom portfolios for people saving their money for retirement or are already retired.
- I can access thousands of mutual funds, ETFs, annuities, life, and disability plans. I have all the tools individuals, companies, and not-for-profits need for their wealth management as well as their financial planning for retirement.
- Because I am an independent financial advisor, there are no requirements to use a specific tool. Therefore you benefit from advice and products tailored to meet your unique financial needs.
- Check out my about page to learn more!
Why Should I Hire You?
Life isn’t all about money, but it is an important tool for building the life you want. And, like any tool, best results happen when skilled, experienced hands are in control of it.
For over 30 years, I have studied the financial markets, always striving to learn more about, and adapt my knowledge to, the new financial “normal” as it is continually redefined.
The result: I can help you make smart investment decisions for every stage of your life, under all market conditions.
How Much Do You Charge?
Most clients pay fee-only or an hourly rate. The size and complexity of the client’s wealth management and financial and retirement planning determine that fee.
Some clients pay a commission, mainly those with smaller accounts, i.e., Roth IRAs, some public-school teachers with 403b retirement accounts or parents or grandparents setting up a 529 college savings plan.
Do We Meet In Person?
(For the time being a phone, Zoom, or email is replacing in-person meetings) Previously, our first introductory and fact-finding appointment would be in person or by telephone. The next meeting where I provide my recommendations would be in person.
Subsequent meetings where we monitor your progress and investments can be done in-person, by phone, email, or Zoom, or, more likely, a combination of these meeting types.
Financial Services for Individuals
- We meet to talk about your goals, and so I can get a snapshot of your current investments. I ask each of my soon-to-be clients to take an online risk profile assessment so I can see whether your current investments match your goals and risk tolerance.
- If your goals and risk tolerance are in sync with each other, we may simply fine-tune your current portfolio. But if they are out of whack, I will design a new custom portfolio that better reflects your risks and goals. We commit to reviewing your portfolio at least once a year.
- For retirees or job changers, we figure out whether you should keep your 401k or 403b with your previous employer or roll it into an IRA, where I will build you a new portfolio. Plus, we look over any pension options for which you may be eligible, review any Social Security or Medicare questions you may have, or examine any group life and disability policies you may want to convert.
- For educators and other public employees, we review the choices available to you in your 403b or 457 plan. I recommend one or two of them, and then I build and monitor your portfolio. Financial Advisor Brookline & Newton 403b Plans.
- When you need life or disability insurance, we determine together how much coverage you need. Then we decide on the type of insurance policy that suits you best: term, whole life, universal or variable life, short or long-term disability.
Flexible Payment Options
Custom wealth management, I am a fiduciary adviser.
Hourly Rate $100 Hour
Ideal for clients who want financial planning, retirement planning, or wealth management advice but don’t want to move their accounts.
Commission Depends on the Product
Ideal for smaller accounts (less than $50,000) and Roth IRAs and some 403(b) plans.
Corporations, Nonprofits, Partnerships, and Self-Employed
- I build a template for your company’s 401(k) or ERISA 403b plan that produces plan-specific investment recommendations and reports as well as fees and compliance reports, all of which are now required by the government.
- I provide investment advice to plan participants, encouraging them to take an online risk profile assessment we can use to help them re-balance their accounts or allocate their contributions.
- For companies without a retirement plan, I size up and implement the one (401(k), Profit Sharing, 403(b), SIMPLE, or SEP) that works best for your company.
Owners and Executives
- I work with you and your attorney to design a nonqualified deferred compensation plan.
- I discuss with your boards, partners, executives, or family members, whether your company should own life insurance on any key employees.
- Are you buying or selling a partnership or family business? I help your operation to continue beyond its purchase or sales phase by seeking out an insurance company and type of policy that best matches the goals of your buy/sell agreement.
Named a Five Star Wealth Manager 6 Years Running
In 2018, 2819 Boston wealth managers were nominated with only 487 projected winners.
To receive the Five Star Wealth Manager award, financial advisors must satisfy a series of eligibility and evaluation criteria associated with wealth managers who provide services to clients. Recipients are identified through research conducted by industry peers and firms. Third party rankings and recognitions from rating services or publications are not indicative of past or future investment performance.For more information, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com.
Request a Call Back
Financial Advisor Brookline & Newton | Tim Hayes AIF®, CRPS®, AWMA®, CFS®, APMA®, CAS®