Whom Am I Affiliated With?
I am an Investment Adviser Representative at Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a $44B RIA based in Fairfield, IA. Also registered with Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., an independent broker-dealer with over 3,000 registered representatives nationwide.
My Financial Advisor Experience
I’ve held an industry securities registration for 30+ years and am subject to SEC and FINRA oversight.
Roots On The Southcoast
For the past five years, I have had an office in S Dartmouth. For three of those years, I wrote the investing column for SOCO Magazine.
FREE PHONE CONSULTATION – Reach out to me by EMAIL or TEL. 508-277-5847 for a NO OBLIGATION consult
How Much Do I Charge?
Most clients pay fee-only or an hourly rate. The size and complexity of the client’s wealth management and financial and retirement planning determine that fee.
Some clients pay a commission, mainly those with smaller accounts, i.e., Roth IRAs, some public-school teachers with 403b retirement accounts or parents or grandparents setting up a 529 college savings plan.
Do We Need to Meet in Person?
The first introductory and fact-finding appointment can be in person or by phone. The next meeting where I provide my recommendations should be in person. (For the time being phone and email replacing in-person meetings)
Subsequent meetings where we monitor your progress and investments can be done in-person, by phone, email, or skype or, more likely, a combination of these meeting types.
No Cookie-Cutter Solutions
As an independent financial advisor, I have access to many financial products, including mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds, annuities, and life insurance programs. I use these and other products to build custom solutions for people according to their individual needs and goals.
Financial Advisor Newport
More About Tim
- Consider me for your financial advisor when switching from growing your retirement accounts to distributing them.
- This transition usually means moving some money from stocks to bonds, and I am well-schooled in the economy, inflation, markets, interest rates, and the bond market.
- Before coming to Cambridge in 2010, I spent 20 years with MetLife, so I am also well versed in guaranteed retirement products such as variable and fixed annuities.
Do you need to rollover your accounts for me to provide advice?
- No. You don’t need to roll over your accounts to advise. I offer flexible payment options for clients. You can pay an hourly fee if it costs you more to roll it over.
- My advice is ongoing as we continue meeting and adjusting your accounts in retirement, getting you the income and security you need.
Please be sure to speak to your advisor to consider the differences between your company retirement account and investment in an IRA. These factors include, but are not limited to, changes to the availability of funds, withdrawals, fund expenses, fees, and IRA-required minimum distributions.