Independent Financial Advisor Massachusetts
Tim Hayes, CRPS®, AIF®, AWMA®, CFS™, CTS™, CES™, APMA®, CAS®
Experience and Knowledge You Can Trust
- I have been a professional financial adviser for 30+ years. I specialize in building custom portfolios for people who are saving their money for retirement or are already retired.
- I can access thousands of mutual funds, ETFs, annuities, and life, and disability plans. I have all the tools that individuals, companies, and nonprofits need for their wealth management and financial planning for retirement.
- Because I am an independent financial advisor, there are no requirements to fulfill before using a specific tool. Therefore, you benefit from advice and products that are tailored to your unique financial needs.
Read More: About Tim
Financial Services for Individuals
- We meet to talk about your goals so I can get a snapshot of your current investments. I ask each of my soon-to-be clients to take an online risk profile assessment so I can see whether your current investments match your goals and risk tolerance.
- If your objectives and risk tolerance are in sync with each other, we may fine-tune your current portfolio. If they are out of whack, I will design a new custom portfolio that better reflects your risks and goals. We commit to reviewing your portfolio at least once a year.
- We figure out whether you should keep your 401(k) or 403(b) with your previous employer or roll it into an IRA, where I will build a new portfolio for retirees or job changers.
- Plus, we review any pension options for which you may be eligible, review any Social Security or Medicare questions you may have, or examine any group life and disability policies you may want to convert.
- When you need life or disability insurance, we determine together how much coverage you need. Then we decide on the type of insurance policy that suits you best: term, whole life, universal or variable life, short- or long-term disability.
Read More: Go to Services
Corporations, Nonprofits, Partnerships, and Self-Employed
- I build a template for your company’s 401k or ERISA 403b plan that produces plan-specific investment recommendations and reports as well as fees and compliance reports, all of which are now required by the government.
- I provide investment advice to help participants plan and encourage them to take an online risk profile assessment we can use to help them rebalance their accounts or allocate their contributions.
- For companies without a retirement plan, I size up and implement the one (401k, Profit Sharing, 403b, SIMPLE, or SEP) that works best for your company.
Read More: DOL Fiduciary Rule Timeline & Updates
Owners and Executives
- I work with you and your attorney to design a nonqualified deferred compensation plan.
- I discuss with your boards, partners, executives, or family members on whether your company should own life insurance on any key employees.
- Are you buying or selling a partnership or family business? I can help your operation continue beyond its purchase or sales phase by seeking out an insurance company and type of policy that best matches the goals of your buy/sell agreement.
Please be sure to speak to your advisor to carefully consider the differences between a company retirement account and an IRA investment. These factors include changes to the availability of funds, withdrawals, fund expenses, fees, and IRA-required minimum distributions.
Read More: Should You Roll Over Your 401k to an IRA?
Life isn’t all about money, but it is an important tool for building the life you want. And, like any tool, best results happen when skilled, experienced hands are in control of it.
For over 30 years, I have studied the financial markets, always striving to learn and adapt my knowledge to the new financial “normal” as it is continually redefined. The result: I can help you make smart investment decisions for every stage of your life, under all market conditions.
Read More: Investing In an Overpriced Stock Market
I've held an industry securities registration for 30+ years and am subject to SEC and FINRA oversight.
Most clients pay fee-only or an hourly rate. The size and complexity of the client's wealth management and financial and retirement planning determine that fee.
Some clients pay a commission, mainly those with smaller accounts, i.e., Roth IRAs, some public-school teachers with 403b retirement accounts, or parents or grandparents who set up a 529 college savings plan.
Read More: Fee-Only or Commission What's Best for You?
The first introductory and fact-finding appointment can be in-person or by phone. The next meeting where I provide my recommendations should be in-person. (For the time being, telephone, Zoom, and email are replacing in-person meetings.)
Subsequent meetings during which we monitor your progress and investments can be done in-person or by phone, email, Zoom, or Skype - or, more likely, a combination of thee meeting types.
Independent Financial Advisor Massachusetts
From my Boston or S Dartmouth office, I will provide expert, highly personalized financial planning, retirement planning, and wealth management solutions when you need an independent financial advisor in Massachusetts, Boston or Greater Boston, Salem or the North Shore, Hingham, or any other town on the South Shore, Andover, the Merrimack Valley, and the MetroWest, including Framingham, or the Southcoast, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket, and Newport, RI.