Wealth Management, Financial Planning & Retirement Planning
Experience and Knowledge You Can Trust
- I have been a professional financial adviser for 30+ years. I specialize in building custom portfolios for people who are saving their money for retirement or are already retired.
- I can access thousands of mutual funds, ETFs, annuities, and life, and disability plans. I have all the tools that individuals, companies, and nonprofits need for their wealth management and financial planning for retirement.
- Because I am an independent financial advisor, there are no requirements to fulfill before using a specific tool. Therefore, you benefit from advice and products that are tailored to your unique financial needs.
I am an Investment Adviser Representative at Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a $44B RIA based in Fairfield, IA. I am also registered with Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., an independent broker-dealer with over 3,000 registered representatives nationwide.
I've held an industry securities registration for 30+ years and am subject to SEC and FINRA oversight.
Most clients pay fee-only or an hourly rate. The size and complexity of the client's wealth management and financial and retirement planning determine that fee.
Some clients pay a commission, mainly those with smaller accounts, i.e., Roth IRAs, some public-school teachers with 403b retirement accounts, or parents or grandparents who set up a 529 college savings plan.
Read More: Fee-Only or Commission What's Best for You?
The first introductory and fact-finding appointment can be in-person or by phone. The next meeting where I provide my recommendations should be in-person. (For the time being, telephone, Zoom, and email are replacing in-person meetings.)
Subsequent meetings during which we monitor your progress and investments can be done in-person or by phone, email, Zoom, or Skype - or, more likely, a combination of thee meeting types.
Not Sure Which Retirement Plan Is Best for You?
I build and manage retirement accounts for individuals with IRAs, public school employees with 403b accounts, and business owners for whom I design and manage SIMPLE, Solo 401k plans, and SEP Plans.
I also help employers to improve their 401k plans.
I advise you on rollovers from your employer’s retirement plan, including plans in which you own company stock. I then design strategies for income planning during retirement.
For more information:
I design and service your retirement plans to meet the goals of your organization in accordance with ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and the Department of Labor.
For more information
Executives & Top Management
I advise you on your nonqualified deferred compensation, stock options, key employee insurance, and company stock.
For more information:
- I am free to collaborate with you and advise you objectively as we design a financial plan to address your concerns and establish a path to your goals and dreams.
- You will be able to trust and confide in me, as I will understand and prioritize your financial priorities and goals. I will serve you in a relationship.
- You will not have to explain your financial history again and again to a series of new faces; I will be here for you.
- You will understand investment concepts - I talk in a familiar language, not financial jargon.
- You can make educated investment decisions with the help of my objective, independent research.
Read More: Financial Planning for Retirees
Don’t Know What Kind of Investments to Make?
Every smart investment decision starts with listening to you and asking you the right questions, which include:
- What are your short-term and long-term financial goals?
- What kinds of financial assets are you working toward?
As an independent financial advisor, I have access to many financial products, including mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds, annuities, and life insurance programs. I use these and other products to build custom solutions for people according to their individual needs and goals.
I build portfolios for individuals, trusts, and retirement plans. The portfolios may hold stocks, bonds, cash, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). The client’s goals, time horizon, and risk tolerance impact what the portfolio holds. Risk tolerance is how a client feels about a drop in their account. The time horizon is the length of time before the client needs the money.
Read More: Wealth Management
A portfolio review calculates the fees and costs you are currently paying and compares them to a hypothetical portfolio built using mutual funds and exchange-traded funds that have passed my due diligence process. It also compares your current investments are performing relative to certain benchmarks and the hypothetical portfolio.
3 Payment Options
- Fee is 1% or less depending on the size and complexity of your needs.
- Custom asset management
- I am a fiduciary adviser
- Works best for clients with accounts greater than $50,000 or employers with 401(k) plans
Hourly rate is ideal for clients who want financial planning, retirement planning, or wealth management advice but do not want to move their accounts.
The commission varies by product, ideal for smaller accounts (less than $50,000), Roth IRAs, and some 403b plans.
Please be sure to speak to your advisor to carefully consider the differences between a company retirement account and an IRA investment. These factors include changes to the availability of funds, withdrawals, fund expenses, fees, and IRA-required minimum distributions.