Tim Hayes Receives 2017 Boston Five Star Wealth Manager Award
For the 4th year in a row, Five Star Professional is pleased to announce that Financial Advisor Tim Hayes is one of Boston’s Five Star Wealth Managers for 2017.
Tim provides wealth management, financial planning, and retirement planning solutions to individuals and employers in MA, NH, and RI. He also writes the monthly investing column for New England Monthly and SOCO Magazine.
December’s article is a must-read for anyone with a retirement account. In it, Tim discusses the Best Interest Contract Exemption. A vital part of the new Fiduciary Rule from the Department of Labor which goes into effect in April of 2017. (Barring any changes from President-elect Trump)
Cambridge Investment Research
Tim Hayes is affiliated with Cambridge Investment Research (member FINRA/SIPC) and Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc. Cambridge is an independent broker-dealer for financial professionals dedicated to offering unbiased investment advice to clients. Investment advisory services are offered through Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Federally Registered Investment Advisor.
The Five Star Wealth Manager Program
The Five Star Wealth Manager award program is the largest and most widely published wealth manager award program in the financial services industry. The award is based on a rigorous, multifaceted research methodology, which incorporates input from peers and firm leaders along with client retention rates, industry experience, and a thorough regulatory history review. “The research behind this award is extensive with each wealth manager being thoroughly vetted from numerous angles. We are proud to showcase these distinguished professionals,” says Jonathan Wesser, Research Director, Five Star Professional.
For research methodology information visit https://www.fivestarprofessional.com.
The Five Star Wealth Manager award, administered by Crescendo Business Services, LLC (dba Five Star Professional), is based on ten objective criteria:
- Credentialed as a registered investment adviser or a registered investment adviser representative;
- Active as a credentialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of 5 years;
- Favorable regulatory and complaint history review (unfavorable feedback may have been discovered through a check of complaints registered with a regulatory authority or complaints registered through Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process*);
- Fulfilled their firm review based on internal standards;
- Accepting new clients;
- One-year client retention rate;
- Five-year client retention rate;
- Non-institutional discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered;
- The number of client households served;
- Education and professional designations.
Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or awarded. The award methodology does not evaluate the quality of services provided. And is not indicative of the winner’s future performance.
*To qualify as having a favorable regulatory and complaint history, the person cannot have:
- been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a suspended or revoked license, or payment of a fine,
- had more than three customer complaints filed against them (settled or pending) with any regulatory authority or Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process,
- individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint filed with a regulator,
- filed for bankruptcy, or
- been convicted of a felony.